Friday, August 7, 2009

A Beautiful July Morning

I am so sick of hot weather
Sticky skin
Dying plants
Scorching sun
But this morning....
I woke up to a new world
I opened the door and a breeze kissed my cheek and whispered hello
How I have longed to feel that breeze
My eyes closed and I breathed in the sweet smell of dew and earth
I sat down and drank my coffee with a smile on my lips
I actually became chilly at one point
Granted I was wearing next to nothing, being morning and all.....but I was chilly nonetheless
The hummingbirds were excited to drink their nectar
And my woodpeckers Woody and Jesse even stopped by to wish me a noisy hello
It was a beautiful morning
The kind of morning a poet bathes in
Soaks up til her fingers become pruny....
Alas, I had to move on with my day
A hot day!
I am excited for autumn
I await my lovely mornings with trepidation
And I will be patient yet again as the conclusion of summer inks its pages once more

No comments:

Post a Comment