Monday, July 19, 2010

Thank you, Isabel Wolff

As I wipe my eyes and close the book, I am reminded why reading is so sacred to me.  Why I escape through the pages and get lost in the words.
I picked up A Vintage Affair and bought it solely for the yellow printed words on the front......"Read this if you're in need of a serious feel-good factor."-Daily Mail (U.K.)
Well, I was definitely in need of a feel-good factor.....so I bought it. 
The author painted a historical picture like no other.
Her poetic words describe vintage clothing and the fabrics came alive as I read each word and pictured each piece of clothing as though it were hanging right in front of me.
The emotions of human nature come across in her characters and exude warmth, sadness, and friendship within your heart.
The unforgettable history of the Holocaust is embedded in your heart forever as she touches the surface of the suffering administered through such times.
As I read through blurry vision and reach for my tissues, I cry tears of new and of old as her words reach parts of my heart that remind me of my own past. 
I don't know if this book will do the same for you....but it is sure to spark some awakening in your emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment