Friday, July 2, 2010

Fallen

Well, I've been writing now for about a month....and I have truly fallen down the rabbit hole once again.
I don't know what the hell I'm doing.
I'm usually a VERY organized person, and I'm all over the freakin place.
I can't seem to get a thought on paper.
I have a great idea...I write...and then it's gone!!!
What does this mean?
I know I was meant to do this.....but I never knew it would be this challenging to get it started.
I thought I would sit down and POOF....I wrote a masterpiece!!!
I can't focus.
I feel like a joke.
I'm having second thoughts.
On top of that, nobody wants to read my poetry.
I know, I know...poetry is not what it used to be.  I'm no Frost or Poe.
So what do I do now?
This is what I do....I create a plan. 
I need to write what I want to write and not worry about who is reading it.
Like right now....I know whoever is reading this probably could give a crap...but I'm still writing it!!!
I have to dive in, not wade, DIVE!
This is it...my chance to do what I was meant to do and I need to TAKE it!!!  Seize it!!  ENJOY it!!
I will fight for my place in writing, I will believe in my writing, and I will become a writer.
I am taking you with me on my journey.......hold my hand and I will strengthen with your support.
Dickinson wrote:
Hope is the thing with feathers That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all, And sweetest in the gale is heard; And sore must be the storm That could abash the little bird That kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chillest land, And on the strangest sea; Yet, never, in extremity, It asked a crumb of me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment