Saturday, June 19, 2010

Nightmare

Night Creeper you haunt my dreams
Your midnight eyes look through me
You come to me with blackened sky
Your death has left me wanting

Let me be
You frighten so
I try so hard to let you go
But still you peak
You listen not
With ragged bones I hear you walk

Night Creeper I beg you still
With parting lips I speak
My mouth is dry
My tongue is numb
I hear no words I seek

The darkness fades with morning light
With weary heart I wake
Still you wait with patient hands
Til daylight turns to night

1 comment:

  1. Oooo... spooky. :)
    The dry mouth is a great touch.

    Seeing as you like Peter Pan... here are two books for you.

    First, a novel based on Barrie's own idea for more: Click!

    Second, a "What if?" of Wendy choosing another path. Click!

    And for the record, the Barry/Pearson books (and the "Scarlet" one, too, are filled with many mistakes!

    ReplyDelete