Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So very lost....

I have ideas.
I have so many wonderful, enchanting, whimsical ideas racing through my head.
I have outlines.
I have poems.
I have words traveling in and out of my thoughts.
My fingers start typing, and I get lost.
Lost in fear.
Lost in regret (what if?).
Lost in the unknown.
What the hell is wrong with me?
Just write......they tell me.
Can I tell YOU something?
It's not that easy....it's not that simple....it's so much more complicated.
I write.
Then I erase.
I print.
Then I throw it away.
I know, I know....I need therapy.
So it is.
This is me.
Raw. Naked. Flesh.
Tears. Smiles. Laughter.
Scared. Excited. Nervous.
At least I'm here.....doing what I love.
I am thankful. I rejoice in my blessings. I promise to work hard.
Right now I just write....I'm not thinking, I'm just writing.
My thoughts are one with my fingers. Typing away as my mind speaks to my body. This was my husband's advice. Don't think too much. Just do it. Just write it. Let it come naturally.
So I will try this.
I will allow myself to be scared. Allow myself to cry. Allow myself to be nervous.
But I will still write.

No comments:

Post a Comment